COMPANY BIOS: bruce hallberg
Bruce possesses a broad background leading IT and other operational functions in public life science companies. He is especially skilled in the selection, implementation, and management of IT systems, including ERP, cheminformatics, intellectual property management, HRIS, and others. He has demonstrated success in providing top-notch, responsive IT service to the organization.
He is also experienced in designing and managing processes to meet various regulatory and compliance requirements, such as FDA xGMP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Finance/Accounting Led project for selection and implementation of ERP system in US, and assisted with implementation of ERP system in Singapore. Directly managed US ERP system, including designing and programming a Fixed Asset ledger system and project-based time allocation system, as well as numerous custom reports and functions. Designed and implemented processes to support Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements, with no noted weaknesses by external auditor.
- Corporate Systems Key in selection and implementation of HRIS (Auxillium), patent docket management (IP Master) and contract management applications.
- IT Infrastructure Selected and implemented all IT infrastructure systems, including SSL VPN remote access (F5 Firepass), servers (Windows and Linux on ProLiant and Dell), E-mail (Exchange Server), Anti-spam (Ironport), firewalls (Sonicwall and Watchguard), routers (Cisco), switches (Cisco and Dell), backup systems (LTO and SDLT using Veritas/Symantec), and Intranet with enterprise search (Sharepoint). Designed and managed general network systems that—without exception—achieved >99.9% annual uptime. Designed and maintained IT business continuity (disaster recovery) policies and procedures.
- Research Implemented and managed cheminformatics system (Accelrys Accord Enterprise on Oracle), including training all research staff on use, consulting with Research on logical aspects of assay design for the system, and managing the system. Implemented Pipeline Pilot and developed several PP processes for widespread use. Supported computational chemistry efforts for virtual docking, compound library selection, and structure-activity relationship analysis. Improved efficiency of high-throughput screening efforts by automating key analytical processes.
- Development Implemented and managed various systems including clinical trial management and a validated analytical LIMS system. Wrote master validation plans, supervised IQ/OQ/PV, wrote and maintained relevant SOPs, and ensured 21 CFR Part 11 compliance for organization.